Finally I have had some free time and thought to try my luck with Codecanyon, which is a place were authors and coders get to monetize their works and for people to get some high-quality code/themes/templates/apps build-in and ready to go.
So I managed to “transform” my game of Easter-egg-hunting into a framework for gathering games (games where items drop and the player has to collect them) I added some code, removed much, and generalized the core to actually adapt and be manageable through a JS file that the user can alter to create his own game.
The template offers:
- mobile and modern browser support
- media-queries baked inside
- responsive gameplay
- auto pause when the player changes tab or browser loses focus
- highly customizable options like: background, items, gathering image, score, etc…
- High performace even on mobile devices, by using multiple canvases
- And per frame collision detection
Note: The template uses jQuery, jQueryUI for dragging, and GSAP to manage animation and update functions per frame.