Hello all, this time I’m releasing one big tool as open-source, I have been working on this for the past few weeks and I think it can be of use to some.
So what is a top-down-tilemap-editor, it is a tool that can help when creating top-down maps for various games or simply to print them.
I struggled with many other programs and tilemap editors but almost all were lining towards platform games, however I’m mostly working with topdown games. So I started to create a map-editor that would be easy to use and would export a json string that I could import to my game and be ready to go.
So what can this map editor do for you:
- Import of JSON as exported by it.
- Export of JSON bases on the names of the tile images e.x (corner.png will become corner in the json)
- Load of a sample Map for quickstart
- Load extra items along with tiles
- Load custom tiles from Dropbox
- Print tiles for export
- Adjust Width and Height of Map
You can fork or simply download it here: TNTMapEditor on Github
Or try it out here: TNTMapEditor DEMO
Feel free to post any bugs or request features on the github page. (Issues page)
If you use it for a project drop me a line if you wish.